What do we mean by the term cookies
Information in the form of small data files, such as pixels and tags, that your computer, laptop, mobile phone or tablet sends and receives.
- Alter our online performance by identifying what technology works well and what technology does not
- Advertise our services effectively through data we collect directly or via selected third parties us. Please note that we may combine data in order to reach you effectively.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of our marketing and advertising
- Collect anonymous data on how people use our website
- Improve your experience on our website, e.g. to recognize you from a previous interaction with us and personalize your experience.
Cookies we use:
The technology used is necessary to keep our website secure and our applications running. These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off (they do not identify you personally).
Performance / Analytics
In order to improve your browsing experience on our website we use technology that provide us with information on how you use our site. In this way, we analyze the traffic to our website and relevant usage. (they do not identify you personally).
Functional / Marketing
Cookies via Embedded Content
We may use embedded content on our website. Embedded content from other websites works as if you would visit the other website. These websites set their own cookies which we have no control over. If you do not accept cookies via embedded content, these external websites and videos cannot be shown on our website.
Blocking or restricting Cookies
You can stop Cookies being used on your device by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to block the deployment of all or some Cookies. Please visit www.allaboutcookies.org to find out how. Please note, if you use your browser settings to block Cookies you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Also, we always give you the choice to block or restrict most cookies on our website. Please visit our Cookie Preference Centre.
- Web beacons: These are tiny graphics (sometimes called “clear GIFs” or “web pixels”) with a unique identifier that are used to understand browsing activity. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, web beacons are rendered invisibly on web pages when you open a page.
- Social widgets: These are buttons or icons provided by third-party social media providers that allow you to interact with those social media services when you view a web page or a mobile app screen. These social widgets may collect browsing data, which may be received by the third party that provided the widget, and are controlled by the third parties.
- UTM codes: These are strings that can appear in a URL (the “Uniform Resource Locator,” which is typically the http or https address entered to go to a web page) when a user moves from one web page or website to another, where the string can represent information about browsing, such as which advertisement, page, or publisher sent the user to the receiving website.
- Local Storage Objects: These are sets of data that can be stored on your browser by a site or app. They can be used to maintain preferences, a history of usage, or even the state or settings of a site or an app.
Contact us with questions
If you have any questions please contact our support center by one of the following means:
Tel: +44 2075588032
Post: EconomyCarRentals.com, PO BOX 2018 Neo Stadio, 71002 Heraklion, Crete, Greece